Administrative Specialist is needed to perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional functions in a company which is largely engaged in Criminal Record check company duly accredited by RCMP for submitting electronic fingerprints for the purpose of obtaining criminal record check. The company is also engaged in helping individuals to submit their applications for obtaining Record Suspension (Previously known as Pardon) and US Entry Waiver.
Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
Schedule and confirm appointments of customers and meetings of the management.
Liaison with stakeholders and maintain company compliance with RCMP rules and regulations as well as other necessary controls such as Covid-19 and health and safety rules and regulations.
Order office supplies and maintain inventory
Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
Determine and establish office procedures to comply with RCMP rules and regulations.
Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to appropriate person
Record and prepare minutes of meetings
Coordinate continual improvement projects for better productivity and new technology implementation.
Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
Compile data, statistics, and other information to support client applications.
Supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of internal software
Organize meetings and manage work schedules of employees
1. Completion of secondary school is usually required.
2. Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries or Previous clerical experience is required.
3. You must have a clean criminal record history and be able to obtain mandatory security clearance from Public Services & Procurement Canada.
4. Excellent English language skills are required for the purpose of obtaining information from the applicants and completing forms as well as writing reports.
5. Previous working experience assisting applicants by interviewing and preparing reports that reflect their progress and achievements in their rehabilitation process from their criminal past or in a similar other environment is required.
6. New technology project coordination to implement online data collection and application processing.